Originally published in The Weekly Packet, May 22, 2014
Blue Hill calls for public bid to sell tax-acquired properties
by Faith DeAmbrose
Five parcels of land, two with buildings, will be put out to public bid in the town of Blue Hill. The properties were acquired through foreclosure for nonpayment of taxes.
Specific information about the parcels is available for review at the town office during regular business hours.
The properties include:
• East Blue Hill (Map 39, Lot 86), .15 acres, land
• Kingdom Rd. (Map 35, Lot 44), .5 acres, land and building
• Hinckley Ridge Rd. (Map 34, Lot 15), 1 acre, land and buildings
• Hinckley Ridge Rd. (Map 34, Lot 13), 23 acres, land
• Route 172, Ellsworth Rd. (Map 29, Lot 74), 1.6 acres, land
Those wishing to submit a bid must include their name, mailing address, telephone number and accompany the bid with a certified check in an amount equal to or greater than 10 percent of the bid price. A person wishing to bid on more than one property must do so with separate bids.
Bids will be opened by the selectmen in public session on Friday, June 20, at 1:15 p.m., although no decisions will be made on that date. Decisions will be made on Friday, June 27.