Sometimes accidents happen, even on the best-planned vacations. A listing of area medical facilities has been included in this guide.
For all emergencies, dial 911.
There are two local ambulance services staffed with EMTs, based in Blue Hill and Deer Isle, with first responders in Castine. Each town has a volunteer fire department.
• Blue Hill Memorial Hospital, 57 Water St., Blue Hill. 24-hour emergency care, 374-2836.
• Blue Hill Family Medicine, 65 Water St., Blue Hill. Mon.-Fri., 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m., 374-2311.
• Bucksport Family Medicine, 58 Main St., Bucksport. Mon.-Fri., 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m., 469-6880.
• Castine Community Health Services, 102 Court St., Castine. Mon.-Fri., 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m., 326-4348.
• Island Family Medicine, 354 Airport Rd., Stonington. Mon.-Fri., 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m., 367-2311.