News Feature

Sedgwick
Web exclusive, December 8, 1960
REMEMBER WHEN Excerpts from The Weekly Packet, December 8, 1960
Chimney fire in Sedgwick
The Weekly Packet, Celebrating our 50th year

The Weekly Packet: Remember When Archive
Click here to see the full The Weekly Packet: Remember When Archive.

A chimney fire caused considerable damage to the Dennis Carter residence here at about 5:30 p.m. Friday night.

The heat caused a cement plug to drop out of the receiver, resulting in smoke damage. Firemen from the Sedgwick Fire Department, who answered the alarm, had to tear out two panels of sheet rock to reach the chimney, according to Sedgwick Fire Chief Franklin Carter.